Sunday, August 10, 2014

Panorama

Panorama is the name given to the steel pan band competition, during Grenada's Carnival. Last Saturday, we listened to some of the junior bands compete. This Saturday we heard the senior steel pan bands play, and quite enjoyed listening to their performances.

 they get into their music

 some of the bands are huge

 ditto

 most colourful

 I love the face paint

my personal favourite band, the Lime Comancheros

It was a very late night .... the competition itself went past midnight. Our bus driver (I won't name names) was half asleep bringing us back, and Gil & I both agreed that was the scariest ride we'd ever been on. I was actually sitting beside him (the driver), and hoping a little chatter would keep him awake enough to stay focused. We all did make it back safely, thankfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment